Qualification of Board Members
There is hereby created a Board of Nutrition and Dietetics, herein referred to as the Board under the Commission. It shall be composed of a Chairman and two members, all to be appointed by the President of the Philippines upon the recommendation of the Commission from among nutritionist- dietitians of recognized standing in the Philippines, nominated by the accredited professional organization of nutritionist- dietitians in the Philippines and who, at the time of their appointment, shall:
- Be a citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- Be at least thirty (30) years of age, and of good moral character;
- Be a holder of a bachelor's, masters or doctorate degree conferred by a reputable and legally constituted school, college, or university with nutrition, dietetics community nutrition or Public Nutrition as their major field of study;
- Have at least five (5) years experience in the field of nutrition and dietetics, immediately prior to his appointment;
- Be a registered nutritionist-dietitian except the members of the first Board who should be registered dietitians;
- Not be a member of the faculty of any school, college, or university, conferring a bachelor’s degree with nutrition, dietetics or community nutrition as a major study at the time of appointment nor during the year immediately preceding appointment as member of the Board. Neither should she have any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in such institution.